Campbell river minor hockey
midget tyees prep program
May 8, 2019
Campbell River Minor Hockey Executive wants to rebuild the Midget Rep Program to be the Flagship of our Association.
Presently the trend is for competitive players to relocate to other communities to participate in hockey programs or academies. These programs not only separate players from their families but are also expensive. The motivation to do this is the belief these programs will provide better exposure and development opportunities for players.
“We had our kids to raise them” - Dennis Bellevance CRMHA Lifetime Member
CRMHA believes we can provide high quality player development opportunities at reasonable costs whilst keeping our players at home with their families.
Stay home to play hockey; Develop the person and the hockey player.
CRMHA proposes introducing the Midget Tyees Prep Program for the 2019-20 Season.
The intent of the Midget Tyees Prep Program is to enhance the current Midget Rep Program by:
· Reestablish the “Tyees Culture” as the Flagship team of our association collaborating and affiliating with CRMHA Teams, Executive and Committees;
· Creating an environment that develops players physically, psychologically, and socially on and off the ice.
· Offering development and education opportunities for coaches and parents;
· Establishing, renewing and improving relationships with Hockey Canada, BC Hockey, VIAHA, VIJHL, SD 72, local businesses and community organizations;
· Foster the program to be a suitable partner to host a BC Hockey Midget AA Zone team at some point in the future;
· Participation in the Island League T2
· Three Team on-ice practice times per week (minimum of three hours)
· Working with CRMHA Skills Coach: Team practice times and CRMHA Skill Sessions (Team, Position Specific Sessions (goalies, defence forwards) which are addition to team practices
· Partnership with SD 72 Hockey Academy
· Dryland Training (egg. Spin Class, Primal Athletics)
· Participate in at least three tournaments (where at least one tournament has to be considered significant for player exposure)
· Team Building Event(s)
· Personal Development Session(s) (egg. Switchback, guest speakers)
· Affiliations with VIJHL Teams and BC Hockey (Major and Minor Midget)
· Affiliation with the Bantam T2 Tyees (players moving up to practice and possibly participating in games)
· Team Apparel: (Jersey) Team provided with Pant Shells. Uniform protocol that requires black helmet, black gloves, Tyee Stickers etc. (Dryland) Shorts, T-Shirt, Hoodie, Tracksuit (Equipment) Team Hockey bags, water bottles
· Head Coach and Assistant(s) will work in partnership with the CRMHA Rep Committee
· Provide Transportation for the team (Team Bus or contract a bus company)
· Participation in the CRMHA Tyee Prep Spring Program (includes 3v3 league/tournament and skill sessions)
· Communication - Team maintains its own website/Facebook page which links to the CRMHA Website and Facebook.
o Maintain team and player stats on the team website/Facebook page
· Community Promotion - volunteering in the community; advertising games in local newspaper and radio
· Partner with BC Hockey to host Midget T2 Provincials
Assign Roles to CRMHA Executive Members or Committees:
· Establish and Approve the Operational Budget
· Amend the CRMHA Policy and Procedures Manual as required for compliance
· Rep Committee
· Coach-Player Development Committee
· SD 72 Liaison (Hockey Academy) - Head Coach
· Affiliation Liaison (Jr. B, BC Hockey Major & Minor Midget, Bantam T2 Tyees and CRMHA Midget House Player Affiliations) - Rep Coordinator
· Communication - Develop website/Facebook links - Communication Committee
Campbell River Midget Tyees Prep starts now!