Please adhere to the following when conducting all 50/50 draws. For additional information or clarification please contact the CRMHA Gaming Coordinator.
- Absolutely no 50/50 ticket sales or draws are to take place without first obtaining a license. Here is our 50/50 license for the 2019/20 season.
- All 50/50 draws held at Strathcona Gardens fall under the CRMHA Blanket 50/50 license that we have for the season.
- If a 50/50 draw is going to be held at a different location, a separate license needs to be applied for. This could take up to 2 weeks. Info required: Location, Date and Time of Event.
- The 50/50 license will be obtained by the Gaming Coordinator. To make a gaming license request please contact the CRMHA Gaming Coordinator.
- The 50/50 license must be posted at the location of the 50/50 during the gaming event.
- Minors (under age 19) are prohibited from engaging in gaming events. Minors are not permitted to sell tickets, buy tickets or draw tickets.
- Commercially pre-printed tickets (Bearer tickets) must be used for all 50/50 draws.
- One part of the ticket is retained by the purchaser, the other by the seller.
- Tickets will be priced at 10 for $5.00 - no exceptions.
- You must use different color tickets for each draw occurring on the same day.
- Minors are not permitted to sell tickets, advertise 50/50s or participate in sales transactions in any way.
- Tickets must be sold and drawn on the same day at a single location.
- Before starting to sell tickets, record the first ticket number on the 50/50 reconciliation sheet.
- Tickets must be sold sequentially.
- The person/people responsible for the operation of the 50/50 draw are not permitted to purchase tickets.
Drawing & Reconciliation
- You must draw tickets at the time specified on the license.
- Draw is to be done in the last 15 minutes of the 3rd period or as posted during tournament weekends.
- Ensure each sold ticket forms part of the draw.
- Draw the ticket in a public place.
- Immediately before the draw the counterfoils must be mixed thoroughly in a random manner.
- The person responsible for selecting winning counterfoils must:
- Not own a ticket in the draw
- Not wear jewelry or clothing on the arm reaching into the container. The arm must be bare from the elbow to the hand.
- Not be able to see the printed information on counterfoils in the container
- Draw out one ticket.
- Fill in the 50/50 reconciliation sheet.
- Staple both halves (ticket and counterfoil) of the winning ticket to the reconciliation sheet.
- Write on the reconciliation sheet the winners full name, address and telephone number. Have winner sign reconciliation sheet. - no exceptions; this must be done!
- Pay the winner half of the total cash.
- Seal the other half of the cash and the reconciliation sheet in an envelope labeled with the date and time of the draw and your division/ team name. The reconciliation sheet must be retained for gaming records.
- 50/50 tickets do not need to be kept (with exception of the winning tickets)
- Please return all sold tickets, reconciliation sheet, and cash to the CRMHA Office.
- Ticket buyers must be present to claim their prize. If a ticket holder is not present to claim the prize during the draw, additional ticket stubs or counterfoils must be drawn until the prize can be awarded.
- Allow sufficient time for the winner of the first ticket drawn to be located prior to drawing any additional counterfoils.